.............................................................................................................................................

ABOUT ME.         PORTFOLIO.         FACEBOOK.         INSTAGRAM.         PINTEREST.
.............................................................................................................................................

060115

first of all, happy new year everyone! i've no idea why i haven't posted anything in such a while. maybe because i started to work and it really makes me tired.. how all the adults cope with that?? i was reading my mom's blog (http://tuulennaapurina.blogspot.com/ she's cool!) and got very inspired by a post of hers where she resumes the whole year in pictures and lovely words. i'll do the same event tough i find it really hard to do in english, but the pictures will speak louder than thousand words, right?

january 2014.

(that awesome picture of me and my love on the edge of the pacific ocean was taken by my mom) 

my mom and my sister spent a month with us here in chile which was quite magical as my two worlds got mixed. 

february 2014.




 (first two taken by my love)

my love and i backpacked all over bolivia and made some monkey friends.

march 2014.
this month was all about resting and being at home after so much travelling. i can't explain how much we had missed our little mimi baby while she was at her grandparent's as we were traveling. the moment of reunion was full of joy!

april 2014.

this year i started my specialization in photography so i made some really fun studio sessions with my friends.

may 2014.
i swore i'd take the camera everywhere with me and for a while it really worked. also, this was the month i cut my bangs back and celebrated four years with my love.

june 2014.
i made my first black and white zine.

july 2014.

i had two lithuanian friends over so again i felt like a tourist in this city i'm sometimes even bored of. also i converted our living room into a mini studio and mimi was my little helper when i needed to fix the lights.

august 2014.
my lithuanian friend ginte was the one who lived the exchange year with me in this small village in southern chile. now, after four years we were back there together.

september 2014.
i started to work on a new photography series and pia was being my assistant. we even had to run to save our lives or at least my camera's life as we chose a bad street to photograph at.

october 2014.


(the first one was taken by my friend pia)

i exercised  a lot this month and with my friend pia we even had an aerial silk performance which sadly we could't execute because that day was way too windy.

november 2014.
i turned one more year and we went to valparaíso and took one of my favorite romantic pictures ever on the beach.

december 2014.
one of my favorite persons in the whole world and also my favorite model traveled over seas. this one was taken the night before she left.

how was your year? i was actually just back upping some pictures and realized that during these past three years i've lived here in chile every year has been filled with more pictures. the second year i took twice the pictures i've taken during the first one and the past year i took twice the amount of pictures i had taken the last one! i can't wait how many photos i'll make this year!

12 comments:

  1. Ihanaa, että sä teit tämän! Olipa kiva nähdä näitä kuvia, vaikka suurin osa olikin tuttuja. Mutta jotenkin tuossa tekee myös itselleen sellaisen matkan menneeseen vuoteen ja miettii, mitä kaikkea tuli tehtyä. Tuo ensimmäinen kuvakin on tosi hauska, sitä en ollut ennen nähnytkään.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ihan totta, ja siihen on kiva aina palata, että mitä jäänyt käteen edellisestä vuodesta. se ensimmäinen onkin edellispäivältä!

      Delete
  2. Happy New Year, Etta! It's nice to see you back here, I hope 2015 will give you the chance to blog more, despite being busy with work!
    This is a lovely resume of your 2014!
    And the fact that your mum keeps such a beautiful blog is truly cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you polly! i hope so too, i'll try to make the time for it.. after all everything depends on oneself.

      Delete
  3. I hope in 2015 you'll take twice as many as you took in 2014! Happy new year, Etta! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had a great year! Happy 2015, with lots of great places and great photographs :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. watching all the pictures and trying to select just few i realized the same, every year is a wonderful year! thank you!

      Delete
  5. I wish I had found your blog sooner! The photographs you take are lovely.

    I look forward to all your future posts, and hope this year for you will be an even better one x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i'm glad you did find here! thank you so much! happy new year to you too!

      Delete
  6. your year looked awesome. May 2015 bring you more wonderful days, etta :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much sweet evelyn! happy new year to you too!

      Delete